Including Longe, Lang and Other Variations
A Family Tree DNA Surname Project
participants: I try to keep this page accurate and up-to-date, but
occasionally make mistakes or let something slip. Please email
corrections, omissions, comments, requests and suggestions to the Group
Participants are listed in kit number order. Underlined names are email hyperlinks (you can click on those names to send the participant an email). Participants who want this feature should notify the Group Administrator.
If you want contact information for a participant for whom an email hyperlink is not provided below, contact the Project Administrator: mailto:email@example.com
Come back again soon...this list is growing!
(1) Robert Lawrence Long #6339 is descended from Lewis Long b.1824 born in KY. Family later appears in Jennings Co, Indiana. The current family story is that these Longs are Irish.
O. Long, #9707 (ysearch User ID 28WHH) is a descendant
of David Long (ca.1717 - ca.1791) and wife Ann Lockwood. David was
granted a tract of land called "The Forrest Flower" in the
Wayne Long #9861 lives in AR. He has determined that his greatgreatgrandfather was Britton Long of
Long #9966 is a descendant of John and Ann (Herrington) Long. John & Ann
Long emigrated, about 1763, from Queen Anne's County, MD to
Long #9980 is descended from Long/Lange ancestors that are believed to have come
from the Rhine region of
Jackson Long #10349 is a descendant of Nicholas Long of Caroline Co. VA (and
later Campbell Co.,
(8) Paul Marshall Long #10352 is a descendant of Col. Armwell Long, of Sussex Co. Delaware. Armwell Long, a soldier in the War of 1812, was a son of the David Long of (2) above.
(9) George Richard Long #10353 is another descendant of the David and Ann Long family of Sussex Co, DE (see #9707 above)
(10) Noah Long #10363 traces his ancestry
to a Long of Barnwell County, South Carolina in the mid to early 1700's.
This Long family may have previously been in
(12) William Dean Long #11011 descends from Leslie
Richard Long born in 1892. Through DNA testing involving this project, William
Dean Long was able to establish that Leslie Richard Long (1892-1973) was not
the biological son of his presumed father Leonard Ransom Long (son of Hiram
Ransom Long). The discovery was established by testing his presumed third
cousin, Leo Long, who descends from Hiram Ransom Long's first born son; his
second cousin (who descends from his presumed great grandfather), John Espy
Long; and Greg Long of
(13) Allen Long #11254 is believed to be a descendant of a Long that moved from Maryland - PA border area to Guilford/Randolph County, NC and then to the western part of NC and on to KY including Cumberland, Clinton, Wayne, and Russell counties. Early Longs in this line may include a Tobias Long and a Solomon or Edward Long.
(14) Harry W. Long #11406 is a descendant of Zachariah and Susanna
(Borden) Long and their son, William (marr Abigail
Smith) Long who appeared in Longueil Twp, Prescott Co, Ontario about 1800;
William later moved across the Ottawa River to Lower Canada (Chatham, Quebec).
They came from New England (
(15) Ernest A. Long #11605 descends from Allen Long b.1821 in KY married to Martha Wilhite in Morgan Co. IN April 12, 1845. Resided near Hall, IN in the 1840's before moving west.
Brooks Long #11678 is descended from German Lang/Long emigrant to Page Co.,VA>
(17) Long #13048 is descended from a Thomas Long of PA that relocated to Guernsey Co, OH in the early 19th century.
Long #13641 had ancestors that lived in
(19) Terry Lynn Long #13794 is descended from an early Butler Co, Ohio branch of the John Long/Ann Herrington line of Queen Anne's County, MD. Contact person is Karen at firstname.lastname@example.org
(20) Michael Ray Long #14133 is descended from Goliah Long, b. 1822 PA
(21) Leo Long, Sr #15024 (possibly of the Ware Long line)
(22) John J. Long #15769 descends from John Long (wife Nancy/Ann) who was born ca. 1764 in VA, died in Clermont Co, OH in 1808, then from their eldest, Richard Long, Sr., b. 1786 in VA, d. 1873 in IL.
(23) Stewart Long #17297 Descends from John W. Long of Limestone Co, AL
C. Long #17784 GGGGrandfather John possibly from
(25) Bryant Long #17891 Descendant of Joseph Long. Joseph Long died
in 1829 in
Long #17925 traces his greatgreatgrandfather to
Long #18133. Wilburn's father was Joseph Newton Long, born in Dequeen, AR. He was the son of J. A. (Joseph Andrew)
Long (born in
(28) James Long #18157 descended from Samuel Long and Nancy Smith m. in Morgan Co. IN on May 25, 1826. Morgan Co. history states that they were both natives of NC
Long #18326 is a Ware Long descendant. His great grandfather was
David Long, who settled in
(30) Milton Long #18620 is the greatgreatgrandson of Noah and Mary Elizabeth Burge Long. Noah (1778-1885) was born in PA and died in Pemberville, Wood Co. OH.
Charles S. Long #18877 Charles's line is: Brumfield
Long (via DNA 67/67 match) ...
John Long 1764 VA-1808 Clermont Co., OH => Richard Long 1786 VA/KY-1873 Winnebago Co., IL => John Barrett Long 1811 KY -1888 Taney Co., MO => John Barrett Long 1858 Benton Co., AR-1929 Maricopa Co., AZ => Charles Owen Long 1888 Maricopa Co., AZ- 1933 AZ. This line also matches DNA from participants of the
(32) Forrest Long #19559, Forrest's 7th g-grandfather was Christian Lange-his son- Johannes Lang, born 1742 Albany, NY- his son Adam Lang, born 1764, changed his name to Long. (Forrest has a 12/12 Y-DNA match with #39 below.)
Andrew Long #20037 is a descendant of a
Gabriel Long family that lived near
(34) L. Long #21844 is descended from a Pennsylvania Dutch "Lang" with later migrations to VA and NC.
Tom Long #23362 is believed to be German
(Lang?), probably from the
Long #24565 descends from John Long, Sr. in
the New River Valley of Northwest North Carolina. He is believed to be the son
of Tobias Long and Martha Robinson Rich who lived ca. 1720-1771 in Cecil
County, Maryland, in the disputed region of the border between
O. Ray Long #25010 is from Princess Anne,
(38) Daryl Long #25162 Earliest known Long ancestor is John Long. It is not known where or when he was born. In 1807 he married Susannah McCullough in Greene Co. TN. Soon after marrying he moved to Franklin Co. TN where he remained for the rest of his life.
Long #26549 His great great grandfather was
John J. Long, b. 1825 in NY State and appearing in
(40) Robert Long #28357. Robert is a descendant of John C. Long who was in the 1850 census in Woodbury, Blair Co, PA, household 234/240 age 39, born in Pennsylvania, Blacksmith, wife Sara, son Joseph Long.
Long #29181. Michael's family comes from
(42) Charles Thomas Long #29695. Descendant of John Nelson Long, who lived in Allegany County, Maryland, and had at least four sons there, Phillip, John Nelson II, George, and Conrad, in the 1790's. "Tom" is descended through Conrad.
(43) James Long #29788 #43, #44, #47 and #49 are believed to be descendants of Ludwig Long b.1773 in Berks County, PA...died abt. 1845 in Portage County Ohio. Test results indicates that certain ancestors of #44 and #47 were probably adopted.
(44) Rodger Long #29789 See #43 above
(45) William Long #29974 William Long descends from Peter Long of
Virginia (Augusta/Rockingham County 1790). Peter with son William
(46) Richard E. Long #30729 Richard's ancestry has been traced back to Ware Long & Nancy Ann Smith of colonial Botetourt Co. VA. The line runs backward thus: Richard E. Long> Virgil Walter Long (1909-1970s)>Virgil H. Long (1887-1908)>Lysander V. Long (1858-1899)>Gabriel Long (1825-1902).
(47) Ed Long #32100 See #43 above.
(48) James Joseph Long #29858 This Long surname is an Anglicized version of
Ó Longaidh, a County Cork, Ireland, clan with traditional
Irish Catholic roots going back as far as St. Patrick's era in the 400s.
James Joseph Long is a descendant of John J. Long who was born in
(49) John Long #32597 See #43 above.
(50) H. Tillman Long #33450 Harvey Tillman Long's ancestry has been
traced back to early Surry Co, VA. He is believed to be descended from
Richard Longe, b. ca. 1592 who arrived in the
Jamestown Colony from
51) Ralph Long #33663 is of an Iowa Long family that is
descended from Lewis Long (1827-1881) and Catherine Smith
(1832-1872) that married in Westmoreland Co,
PA in 1849. They immigrated to
(52) James Gregg Long #33959 is a
descendant of John and Ann (Herrington) Long via their son, Jeremiah
Long and spouse, Mary Ivers. John &
Ann Long emigrated, about 1763, from Queen Anne's County, MD to
(53) Gary Long #34354 is a distant cousin of James Joseph Long #48 above.
(54) James Rodney Long #34614 James Rodney Long is descended from (g-g-g grandfather) John Long (b. in NJ ca 1804 – 1806), a Blacksmith in Franklinville NJ, then from (g-g grandfather) John Ellsworth Long (b. in PA 1832 d. in NJ 1912), a Glassblower/Nailcutter and Civil War Vet in Franklinville, Washington Township, Bridgeton, Woolwich Township and Glassboro NJ. John Ellsworth Long having recently shown up on a Rootsweb page entitled Swedish Longakers and Longacres, might be Swedish, but the author of the website does not necessarily give credence to Swedish ancestry.
(55) John Long #36324 The late John Long was a first cousin of Norman Long. Norman Long was the father of David #24 above.
(56) Test Kit never used
(57) Mike Long #38307 GGGG grandfather was William
Long and Catherine Taylor of of
(58) James Long #39473 James is believed to be descended from a
Daniel and Rhoda Long that lived in
(59) Donald Erickson #40121. Natural father was Donald
Francis Long, descendant of Oscar Long of
(60) Paul Long #41271. Paul's Long Line runs thus:
(61) James Long #43573, like #50 above, is believed to be a descendant of Richard Longe. However, #50 and #61 do not have a DNA match, indicating that either one or both of them in not a descendant of Richard Longe. It is hoped that other possible descendants of Richard Longe will come forth for DNA testing so that the true Richard Longe haplotype can be confirmed.
(62) Gary Long #44242 Gary Long is descended from John Long
Sr., born 1750 in
(63) James Allen Long #44396 James' 3rd great grandfather was James R. Long m. Mary "Polly" Griggs of Buncombe Co., NC. Hoping to prove through testing that James R. is a son of Peter Gilead Long and Elizabeth Byrd of Jackson/Haywood Counties. NC. Contact email@example.com
(64) David Long #N10910 Believed to be a descendant of a James Long that
(65) Craig Delong #43529 Descended
from Reuben DeLong (1804-1891) b.
(66) Howard Louis Long #
21367 is a descendant of
Mines M.(1824-1901) and Amanda Miller Long. Mines Long
(aka Minos Long) came to
(67) Gilles Long #48610 traces his ancestry to PHILIP LONG, born ca
1742. Family tradition says Phillip was of Scottish descent. He was
a Loyalist who left
(68) Lawrence (Larry) Long
#54368 is a descendant
of Reuben Long born 1759 in
(69) Hugh Long #54850 (Fourth cousin of #138 below) Descendant
of James Long, b.1738, Carlisle, Lancaster, (now Cumberland) County, PA,
believed to be Scotch/Irish immigrant from Ireland. Patriot
in the Revolutionary War under General Anthony Wayne. Following the war
he settled in
(70) Terry Long #N20937 (no info)
(71) Samuel Long #55491 Samuel's immigrant ancestor was a Samuel Long
that emigrated from
(72) John Long #56437 John R. Long is a Scotts-Irish descendent of
William Long ( 1795—1863), VA. (m. 1816 ) and
(1795—1874 ), Hampshire Co.
(73) Leonard Long #N20581. Earliest known paternal-line
ancestor is William Cornelius Long 1858-1922 in
Richard Long #59519 Richard is a descendant
of a Barney B. Long born Feb 19, 1907 in
Frank Long #N24484 This Long traces his
roots back to a Dennis Long and Margaret Fitzgerald who were probably born in
the 1800-1812 time frame in
(76) Morris Long #52909 Morris's father was Harry B. Long (born Oct. 23, 1894 in Sunbury PA). Harry's father was Frank R. Long (b. 1862 in PA, d. 1914 in Sunbury PA.) Frank's father was Jesse Long (b. Oct. 1836 in PA). Jesse's father was George Long (b. in PA.)
(77) Richard Long #61087 is a descendant of J. Georg Lang and his wife Cathrina, born Jan 26, 1768 in Cumberland Co. PA. Richard has a Long Family Book and is willing to share information..
(78) Gary Long #61943
(79) Mr. Lang
Lang is descended from John Andrew Jackson Lang (aka John A. Lang and John J.
Lang), who was born in
(80) Justin Long #N28224 Justin Long's ancestors lived in Sevier Co,
(81) Charles Long #65300 legend has it that these Longs were from
(82) N29845 is a female Long whose GGG grandparents
lived in Marion Co,
(83) Jack Alvin Long #55633 is a descendant of a John Long born in
(84) Joseph Long #25709 lives in
(85) David Long #67541 is a descendant of a George Long born ca.
1760 that lived in Northumberland Co, PA. Later generations of Longs of
this family lived in
(86) Ms. D. Behl #N17177 (mtDNA tests) is a descendent of Mary Catherine Long Scaggs (b. ca. 1803). Mary was daughter of Abner Long of Edmonson Co., KY.
(87) Dale Martin Long #68483 is a descendant of (a) William
Long (GGGrandfather, born 1814) and wife Lavina (Fulmer) of Armstrong & Indiana Counties, PA),
(b) Robert Porter Long Senior (GGrandfather, born
1855/1856) and wife Angeline Anna Sims/Simms 1859, Armstrong, Indiana and
Westmoreland County, PA. (c) Robert Porter Long Junior (Grandfather, 1897)and wife Anna Margaret Eamigh,
(88) Robert Long #68365 is descended from Richard Long b. Sept 22,
(89) Alan Wayne Long #49624 This Long Family descends from Andrew M. Long, born
(90) James Donald Long
(91) Michael Richard Long
(N36460) is a
descendant of George H. (Hirum?) Long,
born about 1854 in
Wooldridge #73978 is a descendant of the family of Sarah "Sally"
Wooldridge who married James Long in
Long #73985 is a descendant of George Long, born ca. 1775 somewhere in
Pennsylvania, died 1826 in Brown Township, Stark County (now Carroll County),
Ohio. He lived in
Long #74003 is a descendant of John H Long (b July 8 1784 in SC) and his wife Mary
Elizabeth Wilkes (b july 15,
1786 in SC). Their children included: Margaret W, Mary Ann, Henry W, Lawson S,
Nancy D, Harriet W, Rebecca, Mary Elizabeth, John H, James F, Jane D, Ruth S,
Elias M, and Silas Leroy. John is descendant of James F. The family lived in SC
until about 1812 and moved to
(95) Darl Long #74552 Darl's great-grandfather was Edward Ethan Long,
b. April 2, 1875 in
Lynn Costanza Long #72075
descendant of Edward and Alsy Long. Edward was
born ca. 1810 in
"Erny" D. Long #77123 (a cousin of #96 above)
is a descendant of Edward Long and Alsy Long.
Edward was born ca. 1810 in
Arthur Long #78252 is a descendant of William Long & Hannah Young. The family is believed to
have lived in
(99) John Edward Long #78580 is a 1/2 cousin of #12 above, they are both descendants of Leonard Ransom Long.
(100) John Bonard Long #79068 traces to Peter Gilead Long of North Carolina through son Barnard.
(101) Kent Andrew Long #79282 Kent Long is descended from a Matthias Long of Bedford County, PA circa 1736.
(102) Jack Long #80710 is descended from Isaac Long b.1810 TN >
George Franklin Long b.1837 TN d.1913 OR > Melvin P. Long b.1865 Adams Co,
(103) James Edward Long #81133 James' line runs thus: James Edward (b. 1956); LeRoy Harold (b. 1918); Roy Milton(b. 1894); Thomas Henry (b. 1854); Milton (b. 1830); Thomas (b. 1792); Bromfield (b. 1749); Benjamin (b. 1728); Brumfield (b. 1686); Henry (b. 1650). For more information contact: JaclynMrgn@hotmail.com also visit the family blog at longmorgan.blogspot.com
(104) Mel Long #83394 is descended from Jacob Long b.1784 who came to IL from MD. Jacob's father was Isaac (d .ca1837 in MD) who came from PA to MD. Isaac's father was also an Isaac who came from PA to MD. The trail ends with the older Isaac Long.
(105) William David Long
#85775 is the son
of Jess Willard Long, (b. 27Feb1913 in Corinth, Alcorn Co., MS, d. 12May1966,
Klamath Falls, OR) and Louise Emily Fischer, m. 09Apr1935 in South Bend,
Pacific County WA. WDL is the grandson of John Samuel Long (b. 12Dec1845
in Dandridge, Jefferson Co. TN d. 23August1920 in luka,
Tishomingo Co., MS), and Elizabeth Pace, (b. 26Jul1886 in Corinth, Alcorn Co.,
d. 12Dec1959 in Salem, Marion County, OR). JSL and EP
m. 06Nov1904 in
(106) Carlos Long #80125 is a descendant of George Horace Long. George Horace Long was born in
(107) Greg Long #87685 is a descendant of Lewis Long and Sarah Ann
Hesser. Lewis Long is thought to be a
descendant of Ware Long of colonial
(108) Eugene Richard Long #87686 (see #12 above)
(109) Edward Leslie Long #87687 (see #12 above)
(110) Anonymous Long #87816 (no info)
(111) Larry Ernest Long
#88022 is descended of
Franklin Pierce Long, and Wife Winifred Seymour, of Shickshinny Luzerne County,
PA., later of Allentown, Lehigh County, PA.. Related to the Titus family,
(112) Jesse Paul Long #88432 is from a Gates County, NC family.
(113) Jerry F. Long #88541 is descended from Alfred Long (ca. 1805-1854) and wife Barbara Gales Long. They had two sons, William E. (b. abt.1838), and Asa Calvin (b. abt.1848). Asa Calvin and wife Margaret Hefner Long had two sons, Bud Lee and Phillip Andrew (b. 1873). Phillip Andrew and wife Jennie Cody Long produced two sons, Ernest William (b. 1899) and J. D. Franklin Long (father). All lived in Lincoln and Gaston counties N.C. Jerry's email address is firstname.lastname@example.org
Gordon Long #89462 (deceased),
believed to be from the Ware Long lineage. Father was Abner Gordon
Long, Sr.(b1917 in
(115) James Franklin Long, Jr #69819 is a descendant of a James Long that was born about 1848. James Long's wife was Mary Prudence Rodgers born March 30 1856 in Adair Co. KY. They were married Sept 28, 1879 in
(116) David Long #91113 is descended from James Long (b.
(117) John Long #85808 Paternal ancestor, Johan Martin Lang came from Germany c. 1720 and settled in Pa. Born ca. 1700 and died ca. 1750. His sons changed the surname to Long.
(118) Winston Huey Long #84518 is the great grandson of Joseph Cummins Long, born ca 1866 in Crenshaw County, Alabama, died 29 May 1947. For more info on this line, contact Barbara Long at: email@example.com
(119) Wayne Long #93981
Wayne's great grandfather was born in West Hawkesbury Township, Prescott
County, Ontario Canada in 1824. He spent many years in the north woods in
(120) Thomas R. Long #90970 grandson of Daniel Thompson Long b. 1906 Charlotte, NC d. Rock Hill SC . DTL was the son of Daniel Matthew Long b. 1879 Mecklenburg Co, NC m. Minnie Jane Bechtler. DML was the son of Wallace R. Long b. 1849 Lincoln, NC d. 1924 Lyman, SC m. Adeline Dunn. WRL was the brother of John Richard Long b. 1834 Lincoln, NC died York,SC. WRL & JRL were the sons of James R. Long b. 23 May 1811 NC d. 7 Jun 1896 Dennison ,Grayson ,Tx & Catherine Havner/Hefner of Lincoln , NC. Family connection of James R. Long to Lawson Long b. 27 Mar 1827 & Samuel M. Long d. 8 Aug 1867 & Robert E. Long d. Apr 1877. JRL may have been born in NC or Va . Confirmed related to # 309 .
(121) Lloyd Hamilton #97537 Lloyd's paternal line goes back to Elihu J.Long born Dec 25, 1831 in Russell Co, VA.
(122) Roger Long #96848
Roger's 3rd ggrandfather was George Long b. Bedford Co.,VA
1773, d. Riceville, McMinn Co.,TN 1849.
Some researchers believe George's father was Richard Long and is traced back
several generations thru
(123) Dale Long #98249 Lives in NY had traced his 5x great grandfather to be John
Long (Johannes Lang) who immigrated from German to Lancaster, PA in the early
1700’s. John’s son Joseph was his 4x grandfather and Jacob was his 3x
grandfather. Joseph and his son’s families moved from
(124) Michael Long #99866 descends from Zacharias Long (1759-1827) patriot and innkeeper of southeastern PA, who in 1784 married Sarah, daughter of Rudolph Epprecht. Their children settled in PA, OH and NY.
(125) Robert Long #N54893 (no info)
(126) Sheldon Edward Long N55015 is a descendant of Thomas Long b. 1826 (area unknown, and
possible son of George Long who came to
(127) Cecil Earl Long #98882 is descended from Joshua Long b. 8 Sep 1791. Joshua married Nancy Huff.
Joshua and Nancy, and their descendants were farmers in
(128) Robert Long #105854 is descended from
John W. Long born ca. 1817
(129) Lawrence Edward Long #106173 is descended from Charles Long, born in 1768, who married
Catherine Firestone in 1793, moved to Rockbridge County, VA, then to Columbiana
County in Ohio in 1803. Place of birth and ancestors of Charles
(130) Bryan Long #106205 is the son of Russell Long who was born in
(131) #97145 (deleted)
(132) Harry Long #107771 Harry's
family is from
(133) V. L. Knight #N6992 (no info)
(134) James Long #110304 (no info)
(135) Kristopher Long #112262 is descended from Joseph W. Long Jr.
(1813-1847, m. Julia Sharpe), born in Nantucket, MA and eventually came to
(136) Robert Long #112530 Bob is a descendant of William P. Long b.1836 GA, d. abt. 1880 AR. WPL m. (1) Jesminah Caroline Sumpter 9-15-1858 Saline, AR and (2) Sarah Jane Hale 7-7-1865 Saline, AR. Children of William and Jesminah) were John Thomas Long b. 11-1859 d. 6-29-1932, William E. Long b. 1861, Charles b. 1863, and Frances (female) b. 1865.
(137) Gregory Long #112787 (lives in
(138) H. Franklin Long, Jr (Frank) #113961 is descended from James Long b. 1738, Geo. Long b.
1764 or 5, Jno. J. (John) Long b. 1816, Allen Belle Long b. 8/5/1851, Roy Merion Long
b. 5/7/1881, H Franklin Long, Sr. b. 5/27/1936 all born in
(139) Dan Long #114571 is a descendant of Joseph Coleman Long, son of William and Mary Long. They appear in the Franklin County Alabama in the 1850 census.
(140) Derrick Long #114592 (no info)
Hoover Long #115633 is the great grandson of Samuel Hughes
Long (1823-1908) of Union Co. South Carolina. He and his wife Julia Ann D.
Harris Galmon Long moved to Spring Place,
(142) Judy Rogers-Lavigne #115897 Female - (mtDNA test) - related to #105 above, daughter of John David Long (b. 2Jan1911 in Booneville, MS., d. 27Nov1985 in Olympia, WA) and Mable Lucille Rogers (b.2Mar1914 in Tennessee, d. 28Mar1998 in Olympia, WA, m. 2Apr1932 in Corinth, Miss) JDL is the brother of Jess Willard Long, (b. 27Feb1913 in Corinth, Alcorn Co., MS, d. 12May1966, Klamath Falls, OR) JDL is the son of John Samuel Long (b. 12Dec1845 in Dandridge, Jefferson Co. TN d. 23August1920 in luka, Tishomingo Co., MS), and Elizabeth Pace, (b. 26Jul1886 in Corinth, Alcorn Co., d. 12Dec1959 in Salem, Marion County, Oregon.
(143) Clifford Alan Long #118607 is the GGGgrandson
of Arthur Long and Anna (Hill) Long. Arthur was in Halifax, County, N.C. before relocating to Hancock County Ga. Arthur's
parents are unproven. Anna (also called
(144) Joe Long #120822 The most distant Long
ancestor is James R. Long 1760-1842 from Cabarrus, Co, NC and Burke Co,
NC. He married “Delilah”>son is Peter Long-Burke, Co., who married
Nancy Mashburn. Peter and Nancy Long are
(145) Richard Long #120821 Richard's line runs like this: Thomas Long b. 1830 (Gurteen Parish, Feenagh, Count Limerick, Ireland), d. 1901 (Chicago, IL) > Cornelius Long b. 1867 (Chicago, IL), d. 1913 (Chicago, IL) > Cornelius J. Long b. 1898 (Chicago, IL), d. 1943 (Oak Park, IL) > Richard J. Long b. 1929 (Oak Park, IL) > Richard N. Long b. 1961 (Oak Park, IL).
(146) Harold Long #123459, Harold's Long Line runs thus:
William Long, Randolph Co, AL > George William Long, b. 27 Oct 1877 Lincoln
Co. AL > Harold Long . Related families
(147) James Long #123298 (Alabama Long, more later)
(148) Timothy S. Long #124215, Timothy's ancestors are traced to John
Carlyle Long born in
(149) Ethan Michael Long #85333 is descended from Reuben Long and his
wife Mary. Reuben Long was b. 1730
(150) Robert L. Metcalf #126635 was adopted as an infant. His
natural father is a Long from
(151) Sean Gossett #N63718 is a descendant of Tobias Long of Hardin Co, KY through a maternal line. However, his DNA haplotype indicates a connection with the Longs in subgroup F of this project.
(152) H. Long
#131628 is a descendant
of Charles Long born 24 Sep 1804 in
(153) Long #131770 (related to 17 above) is descended from a Thomas Long of PA and possibly Guernsey Co., Ohio in early 1800s.
(154) John B. Long #133577 Is the gggrandson
of James D. Long. James D. Long who was
born in GA about 1825, and lived in
(155) Daniel Howard Lang #1664 (no info)
(156) Michael S. Jessop #N43338 (no info)
(157) Jim Long #86404 (no info)
(158) Jeffrey L. Waite #72314 has Y-DNA matches with #67 and #95 above, but has no paper trail to Long ancestry.
(159) Eddie Long #135167
is a descendant of Samuel Long (1814-1904). Samuel was the son of James
(b.1780-d.after 1850), both born in
(160) Bernard Michael Long #136320 is a descendant of Isaac Phillip Long (b. ca.1827, Short Gap, Hampshire, VA, d. 7/19/1910, Short Gap, Mineral, VA) and Mary Catherine Farber (b. ca.1836, PA, d. 5/23/1916 Daniel's Mill, Mineral, WV)
(161) Fred Long #136186 is
a descendant of William Preston Long and Sally Taylor. WPL
was born in
(162) J. Michael Long #139535 is the greatgreatgrandson of a
John Long that was born in Delaware around 1796 and died in Chester PA around
1869. John Long married Esther Ogden in 1838. Esther was born in
(163) Steven George Long #122634 Steve is the GG Grandson of Samuel W Long. Samuel was b.
(164) Jerry T. Long #142931 (no info)
(165) J. R. Metcalf #143693 Son of #150 above. (mtDNA test)
(166) Ralph Long #144927
is a descendant of Seth M. Long, b.
(167) Nancy Mayo #145164 (mtDNA test) is the sister of #166 above.
(168) Paul A. Lang #N71189 (no info)
(169) Richard Long #140905 (no info)
(170) Ms. Judy Dyess #140322 (female - mtDNA test)
(171) James Bartholomew Long #149323 is believed to be a descendant of a John and Joanna Long that immigrated from Cork County Ireland, to Providence, Rhode Island with children, including son Bartholomew, in the mid 1800's.
(172) S. Sherry #N22018
(female Long, mtDNA test) Sherry's father's family
was from central
to the late 1700's in
(173) N. Steffy #50852 (mtDNA test) has female line to Sarah Long of Perry Co. PA
(174) Diana Long #140125 (female Long, mtDNA)
(175) Joseph Lincoln Long #154869 (no info)
(176) William A. Fisher #151481 Earliest known ancestor was grandfather, Edward Duell Fisher b. 1872 whose birth surname was reported by
oral family history to be Cohen (or variant spelling) and Jewish. Possible error in the oral history given the fact that he has close
Long matches. Edward Fisher was
(177) Stephen Long #158106 descends from Zacharias Long (1759-1827) patriot and innkeeper of southeastern PA, who in 1784 married Sarah, daughter of Rudolph Epprecht. Their children settled in PA, OH and NY. Stephen is the brother of Michael Long (124) above.
(178) Alan M. Long #158027 is descended from an early Jackson Co, TN Long family.
(179) Vincent Long #158151 Vincent's lineage: Henry Long b. abt. 1650, d.1733 <VA> / Bloomfield Long b. abt. 1692 <VA> d. 01-21-1778 <VA> / Benjamin Long b. 1728 <VA> d.1804 <VA> / Brumfield Long b. 1749 <VA> d. 1823 <KY> / Samuel Long b. abt. 1795 <VA>, d. June 26, 1862 <MO> / Thomas Long b. abt 1824 <MO>, d.???? <MO> / James Long b. 1849 <MO>, d.1926 <MO> / Claud Orlando Long b.1898 <MO> / d. 1988 <MO> / Claude Bennett Long b.1936 <MO> .
(180) Beryl Ray Long #155248 The progenitor of this LONG family is James Long, born in
1753 in Rachel Turner, Talmo, Georgia. James died
April 6, 1823 in
(181) James "Seamus"
T. Hojnowski #164033. Jim's
maternal line of descent originates from the Longs/Hastings in the Portaferry /Downpatrick,
(182) William Polk Long #163779 Oldest known ancestor is John Long (1779-1837) who received a land grant in Franklin Co, TN in 1808. His wife's name was Susannah and she is believed to be the Susannah McCullough that married a John Long in Greene Co., TN in Jan 1807.
(183) Robert Long #107030 is a descendant of William Long b. abt 1741,
(184) William Long #167582 is believed to be a descendant of Jeremiah and Frances
Long (who died before 1687) of Port Royal,
(186) Marvin Edward Long #169531 is researching the ancestry of his father John Gilbert
(187) Bernice Eaton #170919 (mtDNA test)
(188) James Hoyt Long #110143 Earliest known ancestor was William Long, born about
1836 in Marion County, Tennessee and was married to Abigail McCreary, born
about 1837, Tennessee. She died in 1926 in Hopkins,
(189) John Alexander Long #N72784 (no info)
(190) William Joseph Long #172735 is the greatgreatgrandson of Joseph
Francis Long. Joseph Francis Long (1842-1923) was born in
(191) Joe Arlee Delong #169812 (no info)
(192) Luther Theodore Long #173105 (deceased, March 2012) descendant of Daniel Long, Sr. b.1758
(193) L. E. Lang #172300 is
descended from Louis and Pearl Lang of Atlanta,
(194) Veikko Kaarle Lange #170194 (no info)
(195) Armistead Ragland Long III #173963 Armistead Long, III, has a documented line to Reuben Long of
(196) C. M. Marshall-Jones #A2442 (female, mtDNA test)
(197) Lee Lang #176492 (no info)
(198) Jesse Long #177083 . Jesse's line runs thus: John Long / Ann Herrington, (1722-1785)(PA) > Noah Long / Sarah Gapen, (1760-1814)(OH) > Noah Long, / Barbara Bollinger (1810-1885)(IN) > William Long / Mary Ann Smith, (1835-1918)(IN) > Noah Alfred Long / Rachel Eltzroth, (1862-1947)(IN) > Jesse
(199) Porter Click #177564 submitted
his uncle Milton Long's DNA sample.
(200) Donald Long #N84068 is a descendant of John Long and Katherine (Braun) Long. John and Katherine were born in
(201) Jimmie (aka. Jim) Long #180098 is
a descendant of Thomas Long an Englishman who was born 1711-1714 in Yeadon,
(202) Robbie Laura (Long) Burnett #176814 [FamilyFinder Test] Robbie's line runs thus: Isham Long b. 1817
(203) Kenneth W. Long #178135 (no info)
(204) James A. Long, III #E12240 This Long line has been traced back to James Long of
Allen Township, Cumberland County Pa. who bought land there in c1755 and died
there in 1764. According to family legend James was from
(205) Rutherford Long #152797 is a
descendant of William Long b. abt 1741, possibly in
(206) Martin Edwin Long #180157 Martin's great grandfather was John Long
born in Indiana, married Annie Hupp. Martin's
grandfather was John
Philip Long born either in
(207) Thomas Graham Long #183401 is son of Selman Gale Long of John S. Long of Elias
Long. Elias lived in
(208) Leonard Rodney Long #184399 is the great-grandson of Alexander Long, born in the Franklin County, Tennessee area in 1828.
(209) Trevor (Thomas) Ludwig Long #N87735 Thomas' earliest verified ancestor is John Sebastian Long, b.1829 Blount County, TN?, d. 1923, Binger, OK.
(210) Miner Barton Long #185135 is descended from a Thomas Long of PA that relocated to Guernsey Co, OH in the early 19th century.
(211) Ronald G. Long #185420 is a descendant of Thomas and Martha Thatcher
Long through their son, Edward Long (1737-1806) and Jane Jones
(1739-1821). Their son Edward Jr. and Mildred Bolton lived in
(212) Charles W. Hill #183619 is a descendant of Robert Wade HILL (1811-1863) who was was the second husband of Elizabeth Epps Murphy, whose first husband was Gabriel Long Hill, whose parents were Green Hill, III, (born 5th May 1774, died 13th September 1830 in Greene County, Alabama) and Mary LONG, probably the daughter of Gabriel LONG of Franklin Co., N.C. and his wife, Susan Richardson. Mary Long Hill died in 1844. It is possible that Robert Wade Hill was not a Hill at all, but perhaps a LONG or a WADE. You can contact Charlie at mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
(213) Raymond Allen Long #N88563 is believed to have Irish ancestry. Has ties to Person/Caswell County in
(214) Frank Long #182233 is a cousin of #202 above. Frank’s father was William Wright Long, the son of William Hardin and his first wife Catharine Gantlett. Has matches with (36) & (97) above.
(215) Ricky Long #175715 (no info)
(216) Harold Gene Long #N87683 Is descended from great-grandfather Green
B. Long (b: @1832 AL, d: 1894 Lake Charles, LA) who married Heloise “Minerva” LeBleu in Lake Charles, LA about 1867; James Long (b: @1803
SC, d: after 1870, unknown, probably LA) and Leanna/Lani
G.; Jacob Long (b: 1774-1780 SC, d: 1853 Butler Co., AL) and Hepsabeth Ann; Thomas Long (b: @1730, unknown, d: 1796, Orangeburgh, SC) and Margaret. Other locations for Green
Long are 1850 Caldwell Parish, LA, 1860 Hardin Co., TX, 1865 Bienville Parish,
LA. Other locations for these Longs include
(217) Donald E. Long #184550 is a descendant of John Long and
Katherine (Braun) Long. John and Katherine were born in
(218) George McDowell Davis #11790 has been shown by DNA testing to have a close connection to #216 above.
(219) Tim Long #N90981 paternal great grandfather Bartholomew
Long was born in Ireland about 1835, possibly in County Kerry. He emigrated to
(220) Herman Alphonse Long #193552 ancestry has
been traced back to a William (Mercer?) Long born around 1822
(221) Charles E. Long #194510 : Earliest documented ancestor was Thomas Long (b. 1762,
d. 1829). Thomas Long was in Perry county,
The 1790 US Census for Greene Twp, Washington County, Pennsylvania lists Michael Burns, Thomas Long and James Belshas as well as all of John (1722) Long and Anne Herrington’s sons. It is safe to assume the Burns, Belshas and Longs were all neighbors in
(222) James Matthew Long #197941, William Zone Long born in
(223) Joan Long Beatrice Albright #N14732 (mtDNA test) is descended Robert
Long (greatgrandfather born October 10, 1822, Armagh), and grandfather David
(224) Walt M. Long #204111, grandfather was Walter Brown Long, born 1893,
possibly in Chester County, South Carolina, was living in Rock Hill , SC when
he passed away. The family lived many years in
(225) Brian Phillip Porter #195262 is descended from James Porter (b.
(226) Edmund Boyd Long (a.k.a. "Ned Long") #205766 is descended from Joseph and Catherine Long (ca. 1820) in
Bloom Twp or Bloomsburg in Columbia Cty. (formerly
(227) Female Long #208362 Long adoptee
(228) John Wheat Long $206580 Descendant
of Lott Long, b.1810, of
(229) Russell Long #209557 is descended from the Longs of
(230) William Long #209844 has been reliably traced for ten generations back to Wiltshire, England, to John Long of Netheravon (d. 1630), and his wife Catherine Bushell. John Long of Netheravon is thought to have been a great-great grandson of Thomas Long of Semington (d.1509). William's ancestors include those Longs who were involved in sugar plantations in
(231) #N96401 (no info)
(232) Robert Long #210087 earliest known Long ancestor was John Long, 1834-1924, born in Tulpehocken Township, Berks County, Pennsylvania, died in Mt Aetna, Berks County, Pennsylvania, married to Rebecca Minnich.
(233) Wiley Perry Long #210246, roots are in south
(234) Eddie Greg Long #211755 (no info)
(235) Harold Thomas Long #213667 (no info)
(236) Yvonne Alma Carlson #207795 See #119 above.
(237) Donald Geoffrey Long #B1160 is descended from Thomas Long (1621-1707) son of Richard
Long. Thomas was born at
(238) Russell K. Long #219050 is descendant of Johann Henrich
Lang born 1710 in
(239) Elton Long #219072:
Earliest known ancestor is George Long, a life long
(240) Peter Long #219352 is descended from Thomas Long (1621-1707) son of Richard
Long. Thomas was born at
(241) Derek William Long #220253 Descendant of William Long (1695 to 1766) of Hilperton,
(242) John Milton Long #221900 Same Long line as #57 above.
(243) Richard William Long #222063 Descendant of Thomas Long and Mary Bond
married 8 July 1822, in Louisa Co, VA who had nine children. Eliza,
Richard H, Mary Jane, Catherine, John Thomas, William Jackson, Beverly Franklin
(244) Gilbert Lisle Long #168559 Earliest known ancestor is Christian Lang b.1664 from Palatinate, Germany settled in Pennsylvania, Lancaster County.
(245) Jimmie Ray Long #222855 Descendant
of James Thomas Long b. January 16, 1856
(246) James Campbell Woods #222154 Edward Long Sr. b.1650 England d. unk Yorkshire, England > Edward Long, Jr. b.1675 England d. unk > Thomas Long b.11Aug1717 West Riding, Yorkshire, England d. 1740 Somerset, Pennsylvania > Edward Long b.1737 Somerset, Pennsylvania d. 18Aug1806 Pittsylvania County, Virginia > Rev. George Long b.1771 Loudoun, Virginia d.17Jan1849 or 1850 Riceville, McMinn County, Tennessee > John Long b.1799 Pittsylvania, Virginia d. 7Sept1885 Chenchat, Walker, Georgia > No more sons.
(247) William Jeffery Long #227384 Earliest known Long ancestor is Michael Long
(248) William Neal Long #220568 Descendant of Joseph Long b.1770 VA. sp.
Catherine Foster, immigranted from
(249) Kenneth Dwayne Long #228262 descendant of Edward Long 1810-1859 in
(250) Jack Long #226643
GreatGreatGrandson of James Long and Lousia Davis...1850 census Hawkins Co. Tenn,
G. Grandfather .THOMAS INGRAM LONG b 1838, and the many families of Longs
Crossing,, mostly from Tenn. Il.
(251) Nigel Long #226138 is descended
from Thomas Long (1621-1707) son of Richard Long. Thomas was born at
(252) Mark Ryan Long #220599 William H. Long (b.1828) and Elizabeth Catherine Cottrell (b.1829 Pennsylvania) -> Alexander H. Long (b.1847 Smith County, Virginia) -> Robert William Long (b.1844 Lee Co, VA) -> Conda M. Long (b. 1914 Rose Hill, VA) -< Ralph Harmon Long (b. 1941 Rose Hill, VA).
(253) Doherty #128243 (removed from Long Surname DNA Project March 12, 2013 due to lack of contact information)
(254) Erin Long #B1927 (no info)
(255) Edward Gerald Hanslip Long #229752 is a Wiltshire Long whose line runs: Edward, Gerald Hanslip, Gerald Hanslip, Lawsell, Hanslip, William, William, and Richard married 1721 in Bottisham, Cambridgeshire.
(256) Andrew Long #226139 earliest known ancestor is William Long bc.1670, who married and
lived in Norfolk, England. He has a match with participant (135) who's
earliest known ancestor was Robert Long b.1590 in St. Albans,
(257) DeLong #230166 (no info)
(258) Dennis S. Long #204141 descendant
of John Long who was born in
(259) Joseph Wylie Long #B2425 born 1921 MO descends from Wylie Erastus Long born 1893 TX and died 1975 TX and Maebelle Gillilan b 1900 d 1960. Wylie’s parents were William John Long born 1819 SC and died 1864 AL and Nancy Ann Prince b 1820 SC d 1900 AL.
(260) Diana Wright (nee Long) #232643 [Family Finder test]. -> Lee Arthur Long (California)1917-1989 -> Charles Arthur Long 1890-1971 (Oklahoma and California) -> Elvin Long 1818-1883 (NC and Oklahoma) and maybe Isham Long of North Carolina
(261) Jeffrey Long #234553 is descended from George Long bc.1755 in
(262) William Houston Mooneyham #220702 descends from William Houston who married Susanna Long on June 29, 1798 in Greene Co. NC/TN
(263) Robert Wayne Long #235429 is descended from Benjamin Long who received 160 acres of
land in 1835 in
(264) Nathan Paul Long #235859 (no info)
(265) Donna Holland #236115 Ms. Holland (and her male Long DNA donor cousin) are
great-great-great grandchildren of James Long, born ca 1784 in Maryland and
living in Crawford County, Georgia by about 1825. Histories of the area tell
that James Long , and several of his sons and
grandsons, were involved in the making of pottery in addition to farming. Oral
history says this Long family line came from many
generations of potters, going back to
(266) David Wayne DeZwaan #236398 is the grandson of Clarence William Long (born ca.1883) of
Kent County, Michigan. Clarence William Long is believed to have migrated
(267) Mark Anthony Long #N107893 is from near Bunclody (known as NewTownBarry prior to 1952) in
(268) Jonathan David Riggle Long #232522 has confirmed relations to William Long b. abt 1810 in Clark County Indiana and his decedents that remained in Southern Indiana.
(269) K. Long #N108340 descended from John Long (b.1849, d.1873) from the parish of St.Mary and St. Anne on the northside of Cork City, Ireland. John's parents were James Long & Ellen Morrissy who married in same parish in 1834.
(270) Eldon Anthony Long #240638 Eldon Anthony Long is a descendant of William Long (b1755-d1821
in what is now known as
(271) Howard Thomas Long #241341 (on request)
(272) Richard E. Long #242227 (on request)
(273) George David Long #243495 descends from James Long b. Feb. 26, 1813 Augusta County
VA and d. Upshur County WV July 22, 1887. Marriage bond recorded in
(274) Herbert S. Long #192028 is son of C. Eugene Long b.1886 of Adam Long b.1855, of
Isaac Long b. 1827, of Benjamin Long b. 1797, of Christian Long & Barbara
Landis Long. All born in
(275) Dale Holman #214055 (on request)
(276) James Nicholas Long #247071 (on request)
(277) Roger Dale Long #250284 Descended from the Longs of
(278) Patricia Hankins #244530 (Female - Family Finder Test) Oldest known Long family
member is Edward Long (b 1675) from
(279) Alan M. Long #251408 is a descendant of Nathaniel Long b. 1770 Cork City, Ireland See: http://alanlong.net/
(280) Valerie Ann Langan
#250545 descendant of James G. Long
(b.1854, d.1900 or 1910)
(281) Archie Cumbee #B3074 descendant of Joel Long, 1798-1868,
(282) Deward Joseph Houck Esq #82186 paternal grandfather’s mother was Regina Anne Long, born 1846 in Indiana County, Pennsylvania. That line traces back to Gabriel Long born 1560 in Baden-Wurttemberg, Germany as follows: Regina Anne Long b.1846 Cherryhill, Indiana Co, PA; Francis Long b. 1818, Pennsylvania: William Long b. 1791, Bedford Co, PA; Christopher Long b. 1765: Matthias Long b. 1745 PA; Heinrich Emanuel Long b. 1700, Germany; Philip Long b. 1678, Alsace,; France; Johannes Lung b.1648, Baden-Wurttemberg; Conrad Lung b. 1604, Baden-Wurttemberg; Gabriel Lung b. 1560, Germany
(283) Joseph Terry Guidry #256411 Possibly a descendant
of a John Long of unknown origin with descendants that settled in Acadia
(284) John Harris Long #256420 descendant of William C. Long b1844 and d 1904
(285) James Robert Long #252992 is a descendant of Henry Long (b. 13 Feb 1764, d. 1
Aug 1842) and Maria Catherine Utz (d. 30 Sept 1848)
of Eshcol, Perry County, PA. It is believed that
Henry's father immigrated from
(286) William Cornelious Long #258831 paternal line is: father William Cornelious Long, Jr. born in Columbus, Ohio in 1919, grandfather William Cornelious Long, Sr. born in Cumberland, Maryland 1896, great grandfather Joshua Walter Long born 1874 in Cumberland, Maryland, great-great grandfather William C. Long born 1844 in Pennsylvania probably near Welsh Run in Franklin County, great-great-great-grandfather may have been Phillip Long also from the Welsh Run area in Franklin County, Pennsylvania.
(287) Katherine Marie Bell #257013 is the daughter of Arthur Thomas Long born near
(288) Charles Lyman Long #259596 is descended from the David Long that died in of Queen Anne's County Maryland in 1697.
(289) Lloyd Duane Long #266622, descendant of Richard Long (b. ca 1790) of
(290) William Brooks Long #266628, descendant of Richard Long (b. ca 1790) of
(291) F. R. Long #265477 Paternal line as follows: Forrest Long, b 1936 TX, < Forrest Long, b 1901 TX, < Edward Arastus Long, b 1864 MS, < Edward M Long, b 1840 MS, < Edward Morris Long, b 1806 NC or TN.
(292) Kenneth Brian Lange # 268323,
descendent of Carl Friedrich Johannes Lange b. 1829 in Grenzhof,
(293) Larrie Jay Long #268782 Paternal line: [Gen #1] Johannes Lang (John Long) b.1693 Zennern,
(294) Steven James Coker #141217 is a descendant of Susan Long and Franklin Challis Bonner both born about 1860 and resided in Escambia County, Florida.
(295) Carolyn Delores Stewart #266032 is a descendant of Susan Long and Franklin Challis Bonner both born about 1860 and resided in Escambia County, Florida.
(296) Frederick Townsend Coker #197959 is a descendant of Susan Long and Franklin Challis Bonner both born about 1860 and resided in Escambia County, Florida.
(297) Sue Jane Mathews #267056 (on request)
(298) Edward Long #271407 believed to be a descendant of Samuel Long (b. Cumberland, Pennsylvania 1773, d. 1828) m. Catherine Piper(1779-1825).
(299) Janice Woods Eastwood #260412 ancestors include: Thomas Long b.1717 Yorkshire, England, d. 1740 Somerset, Pennsylvania -> Edward Long b.1737 Somerset, Pennsylvania, d.1806 Pittsylvania, VA -> Rev. George Long b. 1771 Loudoun Co., VA, d.1849 McMinn Co, TN -> John Albert Long b. 1799 Pittsylvania, VA d.1885 Walker County, GA → Nancy Long b. Sevier Co. TN 1822, d.1887 Logan Co. Arkansas.
(300) Frank Martin #184544 (on request)
(301) (#276983 Not used)
(302) Jeffrey Scott Long #267135 (on request)
(303) Jack Winfred Long #259593 related to a Long family of the Chattanooga, TN, Lookout Mountain area.
(304) Walter William Long #269740 (on request)
(305) John William Long #282245 John's earliest known Long ancestor is his great
grandfather James Longe (born 1811 died 1889) of Inagh, County Clare, Ireland. His grandfather,
Michael Long (b.1859) emigrated from
(306) John Edward Long #284801 (on request)
(307) E. Long #267054 was born in London, England and traced his Long line back six generations to late 18th century Cambridgeshire.
(308) Paul T. E. Cusack #160913 (on request)
(309) Franklin Delano Long #276211 oldest known Long ancestry is James R. Long b. May 23,
1811, d. June 7, 1896, m. Catharine Havner Jan 3,
1833 in Lincoln Co. NC. C. Havner b abt 1811, d.1869. Both lived in Lincoln/Gaston, NC. Their
ninth child was Wallace R Long b. May 5, 1849 in Gaston Co. NC m. Matilda
Adeline Dunn b Feb 19 1840, Mecklenburg Co, NC, d. Dec 7 1918 in
(310) Alicia Marie Iling #270183 (on request)
(311) Darrel Kent Long #283197 (on request)
(312) Matt Zweydoff #262189 Descendant of Andrew Long (b. 15 Sep 1774,
(313) Steve Nelson Long #289249 Descendant of Milton Long, born 1807 in Franklin County, Kentucky
(314) Earl Clarence Long #291206: Reuben Long → Hardy Long b. ca. 1787 Lincoln County, NC (m. Rachel Cash) → James Long, Pulaski Co, Kentucky (m. America Stubblefield) → Robert L. Long → Robert Franklin Long, Grainger County, TN → Earl Clarence Long
(315) Timothy David Long #291900: descendant of JOHN LONG b.1735 in Ireland/Scotland, d.1818 Grainger, TN. (He is of Scots-Irish origins migrating from London Derry Ireland circa 1754-55. Is possibly the son or relative of Joseph Long and Anne Crockett as stated in Calhoun family records. Also shown in early land records of Staunton and Botecourt, Virginia after Joseph Longs death and documented will of 1757.) → ROBERT LONG b. December 29, 1770 Augusta County, Virginia, d. October 07, 1857 Grainger County, Tennessee. → WILLIAM PATTERSON LONG b. August 16, 1811 Morristown, Hamblin County, Tennessee, d. May 31, 1897 in Morristown, Hamblin County, Tennessee. → EDWARD LEEPER LONG b. October 27, 1842 Marshall’s Ferry, Grainger County, Tennessee, d. April 11, 1915 Morristown, Hamblin County, Tennessee. → SAMUEL CALVIN LONG b. November 18, 1878 Hamblin County, Tennessee, d. January 30, 1928 Marietta, Oklahoma. → CLARENCE EUGENE LONG b. July 24, 1905 Sanger, Texas, d. September 21, 1941 Marietta, Oklahoma. → RONALD EUGENE LONG b. May 03, 1927 Seminole, Oklahoma, d. November 09, 2004 Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.
(316) John Daniel Long #301748 (on request)
(317) Barry Eller #290145 (on request)
(318) Mavis Helen Menzies (female) #296352 is a descendant of Samuel Long (b. 1806 Washington Co. MD – d. 1878 Marion Co. IA) m. Hannah (b.ca.1813 Washington Co. MD, d.ca. 1856-1860 Decatur Co. IA); family moved to Ross Co. OH ca 1840 and then to Decatur Co. IA ca 1856. Samuel and Hannah had issue: John Henry Long (1829–1876), Jacob H. Long (1832-1879); Margaret Ann Long (1835-1873), Lydia Long (1837-1903), Tomas Wesley Long (1842-1922)
(319) Jeffrey Dickman (adopted surname) #281119 Adopted through the Adoption Institute of Los Angeles, CA. Mother was born around 1939 - likely Minnesota - Her parents are French-Canadian and Ocadian (perhaps the Dulac and Simondet names). Father was born around the 1936 - likely in CA. His parents may be English and Norwegian (Long and Longan names). Has a 64/67 yDNA match with #209 above.
(320) Carl Joseph Long #305706 is a descendant of Reuben Long 1759 Virginia - 1847 Grainger, Tennessee. Carl’s father was Carl J Long Sr. (1915-1968) born 1915 in Bean Station, Tenn. to Frank L Long (1889-1961) and Cora M Miller Long (1895-1978). Frank’s parents were William W Long(1855- 1910) and Mary Long(1852-1922). Frank’s line can be traced back to Reuben Long (1759-1847) born in Halifax Va through both his mother and father (they were cousins). His paternal line was as follows: William W> John Lawson > Lawson A >Reuben Long (1759). The maternal line was: Mary > Hardy A. > John > Reuben (1759). This Long line lived in the Grainger Co. area of Tennessee. Frank and Cora moved to Hendricks Indiana around 1927 from Grainger County. They moved to Indianapolis Indiana before 1940 where they both died.
(321) Vernon L. Long #306513 Vernon's line of descent is as follows: Reuben Long (1759 VA--1847 TN) -->Parteman/Piteman "Porter" Long (1800 NC - 1846/50 TN --> Joseph Long (1846 TN - 1922 MO) --> Dickson D. Long (1882 MO - 1939 MO) -->Vernon L. Sr (1915 MO - 1978 MO).
(322) Frank Daniel Long #272248 Brother of #287 above.
(323) David Earl Long #307079 descendant of JOHN LONG d. 9 JUN 1792 (he married Amey Gatewood in Caroline County, Virginia about 1782). → REUBEN LONG b. 13 SEP 1785 (Married Patsy Landrum b. 5 OCT 1791) → ADDISON L LONG b. 6 MAR 1815 Caroline County, Virginia d. 1865 Caroline County, Virginia → GEORGE M LONG b. 26 Jul 1839 Caroline County, Virginia d. 21 APR 1913 Mosby, Clay County, Missouri → ADDISON L LONG b. 3 MAR 1863 Caroline County, Virginia d. 22 DEC 1928 Kansas City, Jackson County, Missouri → ADDISON L LONG b. 10 AUG 1886 Moberly, Randolph County, Missouri d. 23 DEC 1970 Bakewell, Hamilton County, Tennessee → EARL PHILIP LONG b. 9 MAR 1912 Cincinnati, Hamilton County, Ohio d. 22 JAN 1967 Dayton, Montgomery County, Ohio.
(324) Julie Dailey #B6185 [Autosomal results from third party tests indicate (90) above is possible sibling]
(325) Brian Lang #315711, descendant of Richard Francis Lang (b. 1939
Rochester, NY, Monroe County; d. March 16, 2010, New Bern, NC); Edward
Lang Jr. (b. ~1915 Rochester, NY, Monroe County; d. 2004 Satellite Beach, FL);
Edward Lang Sr. (b. 1800s Rochester, NY, Monroe County; d. 1900s Rochester, NY)
(326) Eric Long #326530, descendant of George Long (b. ca.1771-1780) and Barbara Booth of Richland County, Ohio. Children of George and Barbara include: Samuel (m. Eliza Bowerson), Lydia, Hannah, David (m. Calhrine Sowers), Matilda, and Sarah.
(327) James Lang #317435 William Lang & Elizabeth Brown → William Lang (b. c1786 Ireland) & Elizabeth Hill → John Hamilton Lang (b.1824 Glasgow) &Martha Middleton → Thomas Lang (b. c1860 Glasgow) & Martha McEwan → Hugh Lang (b. 1897 Glasgow)
(328) Janet Snarr Rogers #320642 (later)
(329) Robert Lee Edgeton #B8029 (later)
(330) Graham Robert Long #313409 descended from William Long, born about 1779. He was most likely born in England, married to Ann ?. By 1817 he and his wife are living in Cheshunt, Hertfordshire and remained there until he died there in 1830 at age 51. From the initial DNA testing it seems the closest match is to above participant (255) Edward Gerald Hanslip Long whose ancestor is a Richard Long in Cambridgeshire.
(331) Franklin William Long #329096 (later)
(332) Ann Long Novo #337187 (later)
(333) Cynthia Bennett #335484 Descendant of Ambrose Long of
Caroline Co VA that came to Person County, NC when he was in his 20's. His
father was John Long that died in Caroline Co., VA. Cynthia’s GM was
Callie Long>GGF Richard Long who married Frances Parrott>2nd GGM Mary Long>3rd
GGF Jacob Long who married Sarah "Sally" Bowes>4th GGF James Long - wife
unknown>5th GGF Ambrose Long, b 1736 in Caroline County, VA, came to Person
County, NC and died there in 1791. His wife Elizabeth > 6th GGF John Long, 1695
– 1756, died in Caroline County, VA, his wife Ann 1694 – 1767. Those
researching Long's of Person County are invited to contact Cindy at
(334) C. Taylor #B8539 (has close match with #79)